Hi, I’m Emma. Thanks for stopping by! I am a self confessed introvert who craves the simple and slow things in life. I love to run, read, and write! I am blessed to be wife to a wonderful husband, mum to two amazing and vivacious daughters, 1 dog, a cat, and 5 chickens. We live in Motueka, New Zealand, a stones throw from the beautiful Abel Tasman national park.
I have been on a journey towards a slower simpler and more intentional way of living since my second daughter was born a few years ago. I’ve learnt lots along the way and I love to write about the lessons I’ve learnt.
You can access some of my top posts here;
- Mums: Our superwoman role and the mental workload
- Is ‘busy’ the new ‘good’?
- Stuff – your biggest time thief (and how to steal back your time)
There are 3 key principles that underpin my journey towards simplifying and slowing down.
- Curating your life – being intentional and purposeful about what makes you who you are. Curation automatically leaders to less clutter.
- Creating – I wholeheartedly believe in the power of creation. Creating something (anything) is a process that needs slowness. It needs thought and introspection. And it leads to you leaving a more powerful legacy.
- Connection – we can’t live without connection. It’s vital to our existence in so many ways.
If you want to read more about these principles I created a mini e-book that will take you a bit deeper. You can get your copy here (just pop your details in the boxes below)!
I love writing and have done since I was young. One of the many jobs I wanted to do when I was little was to be a journalist. After spending the last 15 years writing academically I am loving dipping my toes back into creative writing. I also love research so my writing will always reflect that too.
If you want to be part of the journey to curating and creating your best self please join our community!