Hi, i’m Emma. Thanks for stopping by! I am a self confessed introvert who craves the simple and slow things in life. I love to run, read, and write! I am blessed to be wife to a wonderful husband, mum to two amazing and vivacious daughters, 1 dog, a cat, and 5 chickens. We live in Motueka, New Zealand, a stones throw from the beautiful Abel Tasman national park.
I have been on a journey towards a slower simpler and more intentional way of living since my second daughter was born a few years ago. I’ve learnt lots along the way and I love to write about the lessons I’ve learnt.
You can access some of my top posts here;
- Mums: Our superwoman role and the mental workload
- Is ‘busy’ the new ‘good’?
- Stuff – your biggest time thief (and how to steal back your time)
There are 3 key principles that underpin my journey towards simplifying and slowing down.
- Curating your life – being intentional and purposeful about what makes you who you are. Curation automatically leaders to less clutter.
- Creating – I wholeheartedly believe in the power of creation. Creating something (anything) is a process that needs slowness. It needs thought and introspection. And it leads to you leaving a more powerful legacy.
- Connection – we can’t live without connection. It’s vital to our existence in so many ways.
If you want to read more about these principles I created a mini e-book that will take you a bit deeper. You can get your copy here!
I love writing and have done since I was young. One of the many jobs I wanted to do when I was little was to be a journalist. After spending the last 15 years writing academically I am loving dipping my toes back into creative writing. I also love research so my writing will always reflect that too.
This year one of my articles, “What it’s like being a highly sensitive introvert”, was featured in Introvert Dear, an online space for Introverts. I am also working on the full size version of my e-book Curate. Create. Connect., which should be available on Amazon by the end of 2017. Next year I will begin work on my second book!
If you want to be part of the journey to curating and creating your best self please join our community!